On this day, December 2nd, 1986… I Ryo Hazuki do so swear that I will have my vengeance on the man who killed my father, the man I know only as Lan Di. I will leave this journal as a chronicle of my journey in the hopes that history will remember me, both the good and the bad. And when I have my vengeance, or die in the pursuit of it, history may judge me accordingly.

-Ryo Hazuki (Age 18)

Friday, December 5, 1986

Dec 5th, 1986



[Start]Revengeance Fund: 7550¥

                Talk about a hell of a day man. Megumi, the annoying neighbor girl who stiffed me with the cat showed up and is like, “Hey did you come up with a name for the cat?” So with little effort and no attempt to try, I named it Chibi, cause its tiny as shit. I suppose I could have tried even less and named it Neko, but whatever. I finally made some serious progress today and started busting some heads… literally and figuratively.
                I started talking to the people Tao-san gave me as members of the Three Blades, got lucky and picked a winner right off the bat. The tailor, Itoi-san told me how he used to be Chinese but he got better thanks to naturalization, I know what he means, I think he just said it in a really dumb way. He told me to check with Liu-san, who owns the new barbershop closer to where I live. So I headed over there.
                After a huge song and dance with what turned out to be the wrong Liu-san I found the one I needed over in the park at Dobuita. The senior Liu-san said that based on my description of Lan Di and the sound of his name, he was more than likely apart of a smuggling ring and more likely affiliated with the Triads. I suspected as much but this confirms it. Its hard to believe it, but I have my first real lead here to find Lan Di. Liu-san told me that the Triads have an operation at the Harbor, and that if I can find some sailors they might be able to tell me more.
                Thus began the worst line of questioning in my quest thus far. Where do I find sailors? I asked Fuku-san, he didn’t know, so I ‘sparred’ with him, and whipped his ass so righteously, I invited the neighbor kids to come look at him as he struggled to get up off the floor. Now it wasn’t necessary for me to kick him in the ribs as many times as I did, but I told him to think of it as a learning experience, he thanked me and crawled away.

Good times.

                Well I continued asking around about Sailors, asked Nozomi, that went nowhere. Eventually I got enough people to tell me that Sailors hang out at bars, but nobody knows which bars and Dobuita has like 9 bars. I don’t want to be going in and out of bars all dam night. And after a day of wandering around asking like a parrot, “Do you know where I can find some sailors? Do you know where sailors like to hangout?” it felt like I was telling everyone a joke with no punchline.
                Ran into a couple of guys from my school today. A couple of delinquents tried starting shit with me, they through the first punch I swear, naturally it didn’t make contact and I kicked the shit out of them. Kicks are most certainly for ribs. I won’t be seeing them anytime soon. Certainly not at school. I haven’t been to school since just before Dad was killed, I don’t even know if I’m still on the roster or if someone put me on an administrative leave of absence. Maybe one day I’ll find out, but I got priorities to get to, like getting that goddam Metal Sonic Figure, should also probably go kill Lan Di as some point but I’m working on it.
                Thankfully I’m pretty good friends with the guy who runs the bar at the Yokosuka Bar. He let me know that there are 2 bars where Sailors definitely hang out, Heartbeats and the Jazz bar. I hit the Jazz bar first, lost at pool, and lost a 1000¥ bet… wonderful. On my way to Heartbeats a couple of the drunks jumped me, so I had to introduce them to the pavement a few times before I could move on. Finally inside the bar, the bartender starts giving me shit because of my age. I deliver the hardline, just like I practiced, “I’m looking for sailors who work with Chinese ships. I want information on a Chinese Cartel.” Next thing I know this asshole is taking a swing at me, he hits me once, but that’s all he gets. I tore that place up, smashed a table, kicked a guy over top the bar, I think one guy died, and another guy got a stool smashed on him, at least I’m pretty sure that’s how it went down.
                Bar tender there gave me the information I wanted just to get me to leave. There is a man who hangs out at the Motorcycle Shop over by the Mahjong place, guy named Charlie. Apparently he hangs out there all the time and he’s well connected here in the local underworld. This could be the big break in my quest for revenge. First thing tomorrow I’m gonna whip the shit out of Fuku-san, feed the fucking cat, and then go have some words with Charlie.

VENGEANCE! HUZZAH!

                Also I really gotta find a source of income soon. Ine-san’s rationing of my money is seriously breaking my balls here.
[End]Revengeance Fund: 4950¥

No comments:

Post a Comment